Wagyu Bone Broth11/5/2019 5:06:00 AM
GVR Wagyu Bone Broth
Recipe by Florencia Palmaz
Making bone broth from naturally raised beef bones isn’t only delicious, it has great benefits as well. Bone broth contains amino acids essential for many aspects of health. Along with gut health, bone broth has a positive effect on our immune system, joint pain and swelling. It’s also a powerful antioxidant and is beneficial for body detoxification. With our sister property Genesee Valley Ranch’s 100% grass fed Wagyu cattle, the bones used to make broth are richer in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorus, beta carotene and CLA’s (conjugated linoleic acids which fight inflammation and help keep the pounds off).
GVR Beef Bones
1. Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity pot.
2. Add water.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
4. Simmer for 24-48 hours.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Discard solids and stain remainder in a bowl through colander.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately or let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
8. Use within a week or freeze for up to 3 months.