Recipes from Napa: Shrimp Quenelle in Tomato Beurre Blanc3/26/2017 6:32:46 PM
Shrimp Quenelle in Tomato Beurre Blanc
For the Quenelles:
- 1 pound nearly frozen shrimp
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- sea salt
- white pepper
For the tomato beurre blanc:
- 6 tablespoons shallot, finely diced
- 6 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small container (8 ounces) creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded, peeled, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Make the Shrimp Quenelle
- In a food processor, add the shrimp and egg whites and puree until smooth. Add the cream and stir until just mixed. Add the salt and pepper and chill until ready to use. This can be made a few hours before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Spoon the shrimp mixture into glass ramekins and place in a deep backing dish and pour hot water around the ramekins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until just cooked through. Un-mold while still warm.
Make the Tomato Beurre Blanc
- In a small saucepan add the shallot and vinegar and reduce until the vinegar is absorbed. Then add the creme fraiche and briefly heat through. Just before serving add the tomato and the parsley.
- Place a warm quenelle in the center if the dish and spoon the barre blanc on top.